Visit Project: mansfieldnordic.org
A redesign of an old clunky and heavy bandwidth consuming website.
Mansfield Nordic Club, a non-profit Nordic ski club, founded in 1983, had an old site with lots of great content that was difficult to navigate. The site was outdated, had security issues and needed to be fine tuned as the club’s main way of communicating with it’s members.
Problem: The site required faster load time, a place to showoff race results, showcases photos of happy kids skiing, easily notify members of events with an events calendar that includes detailed venue info, and include three separate blog for weekly training schedules of the three groups of skiers.
Project work included:
- All new site architecture making important info quick to find.
- Comparison analysis to learn what other ski club were doing.
- Implemented a color scheme to match the clubs new logo.
- Reduced bandwidth for quicker loading pages by creating a Flicker account and trained members how to upload and link to the account.
- Trained members on how to correctly optimize images for the website.
- Included an easy to use robust events plugin that simplified the events notification process.
- Added spam filtering.
- Cleared up security issues and set up regular backups.
- Provide regular monthly maintenance: security scanning; WP core updates, plugin updates, and theme up dates; spam monitoring; weekly site and database backup.
- Ongoing site updates, training and training documentation.
Visit Project: www.mansfieldnordic.orgBack to Our Work Page