What’s New in HTML5?
HTML5 intoduces new feaures built into the browser without the use of plug-ins and/or scripting in the form of new elemenst and APIs:
- The Canvas element: allows scriptable bitmap editing.
- Document editing: permits editing content directly in the web pages
- Web forms: self validate and offer more input types.
- Drag-and-drop: allows manipulating elements without scripting
- Audio and Video Timed media playback: enables native control of media files without plug-ins.
- New structural elements: removes the use of <div> tags with classes and IDs to create common elements such as headers and footers.
Microsoft has pledged to introduce HTML5 support in IE version 9.
No comments yet.